Sunday 15 January 2012

Bunting for Fairtrade...

A quick blog post for today, more school like things...

I decided I would do a brief extension project with one of my year 8 classes before they moved onto their next technology subject. I love teaching fair trade issues within school, especially knowing how much it can help others.

Last year as a school, we took part in The Fairtrade Foundation's attempt at creating the worlds longest piece of fairtrade bunting...

The Fairtrade Foundation's Bunting World Record

...It always feels great to be a part of something like this, and I know the kids feel the same way.

Inevitably however I ended up with a few left over bunting triangles, only one thing for it, get out the fabric paints, do a bit of research and teaching and create our own fairtrade bunting, which is now proudly displayed in the school library!








3 comments:

  1. What an awesome project for your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww how cute!! you are doing such a great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project... must look great in the library :)

    ReplyDelete